Real People Real Talk
The Freedom in Forgiveness
September 08, 2021
Unforgiveness is a terrible prison, but you have the key to your freedom and that key is called Forgiveness. Today in Matthew 18 we see 3 important things:
- Relationships matter to God
- A proper way to resolve conflict
- The power & freedom that’s found in forgiveness.
More Scripture from today's episode
1 John 4:20 "If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen."
Mark 11:25 “And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses”
Ephesians 4:32 " Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."
- God has forgiven us for our sin, who are we not to forgive others?
- Forgiveness means you aren’t allowing that pain to destroy, define you, or own you.
- You can forgive somebody, walk in love, speak to them, and even pray for them, but not be as close to them. Sometimes you need to redefine the relationship
If this podcast ministry has been a blessing to you, and if you have found value in today's message, then I want to invite you to support the show through Patreon. Which is a fundraising sight for creators with various tiers and rewards. I’m looking to add more soon so stay tune. Link below, thank you!Support the show